Maximize Your Soul’s Growth Blog
Read In 170 Countries and 6,100 Cities Around The World
Our Halloween Candy Cravings Can Jumpstart Our Emotional Healing – Who Knew?
It’s easy to get carried away with eating candy and chocolate each Halloween. Candy and chocolate temporarily make us feel loved inside! Who knew that eating something could have that power? If we are able to eat treats on Halloween and maybe the next day and then leave them alone, we are in balance. But if we continue to crave sugar and chocolate, our cravings can be important messengers….
Cravings and their emotional connection
- Are you craving cinnamon flavoured hard candies? This is a sign that you are tense and frightened. Cinnamon warms the body and reduces blood pressure.
- Are you craving peppermint? You are likely feeling lethargic and need energy!
- Are you craving coffee flavoured candy? You are likely exhausted and need a nap.
- Are you craving peanut brittle? You might be frustrated that your life is lacking in fun and you might also be needing comfort.
- Are you craving caramel? If so, you might be having troubles making decisions.
- Are you craving licorice? This helps with anxiety and stress. Chewy foods in general alleviate stress.
- Are you craving jelly beans? You might be juggling too many responsibilities, feeling as though you don’t have enough time.
- Are you craving hard candy? The desire to crunch indicates some anger, anxiety or stress.
- Are you craving a sucker or candy that you can suck on? This signifies some boredom or impatience?
- Are you craving chocolate? Each kind of chocolate bar has its’ own emotional connection but generally when we crave chocolate, we crave love, support and encouragement.
What can you do to eliminate your cravings?
If you analyze your cravings and identify any of these underlying emotions, you can directly confront your underlying emotions by asking yourself if you need someone to talk to, if you need to set up some healthy boundaries or if you need to make changes in your life.
You can avoid keeping candy available or visible in your home – certain types of people are more prone to emotional eating than others. If you can be honest with yourself and know that you will eat the treats if they are in your home, it helps you avoid bringing them into your home to begin with!
You can allow yourself small amounts of candy – there is no need to completely avoid it. When we binge on candy, it can be due to long periods of deprivation.
You can say affirmations to help you overcome your emotional challenges so that you don’t crave sweets. An example might be “I have enough energy to accomplish all my goals” or “I live my life by listening to my intuition” or “It’s okay for me to have more fun in my life and I am thinking of new ways to do that all the time” or “I am strong, loved and supported.”
For more information on your food cravings, read “Constant Cravings” by Doreen Virtue. I highly recommend it! And I do hope you have a happy halloween filled with surprises and absolute delight!